Dec 14, 2018
Happy holidays everyone. As another year pulls up its pants, wipes its nose and heads home for a nice dinner we thank you for coming out to see shows and for continuing to inspire us. We love being together and making music and you allow us to do that.
If you are Spotify users there is a compilation of music we are featured on that may enhance your holiday enjoyment. Visit the CP Holiday Train playlist on Spotify you will find us there. https://www.cpr.ca/holiday-train/20-years. It’s been 20 years of the CP Holiday Train and we are proud to have figured in at least 1/4 of those years. They do great work for Canadian communities.
Although we haven’t yet completed our new album we are very proud to have played on Steven Page’s “Discipline: Heal Thyself Vol 2” which is out now and doing so well. Watch for our next batch of music in 2019.
Speaking of the new year.. let’s start with January. There’s quite a bit going on in Oddsworld.
1. Jan 10. We visit our nations capital (that is Ottawa …for those who thought it was Vancouver) and rock at a place that is new to us. It’s the Overflow Brewing Company. Spillage is a Canadian crime so we aim to catch this overflow but we’re going to need your help. Our pal Jeremy Fisher will be opening the show so come early and get a seat close up. Don’t get too close to Jeremy though because his beauty will burn out your retinas.
2. Jan 11. In the 90’s we did a whack of dates with our friends “the Pursuit of Happiness”. We called it the “Odds of Happiness Tour”. Do you know what? The odds of happiness were pretty darned good. We’re going to do it again ‘cause that way everybody wins. Night one of this reunion will be at the London Music Hall in London Ontario. We’re gonna get our Neopolitan all mixed up in their Love Junk. Happiness guaranteed.
3. Jan 12. The Danforth Music Hall in Toronto will ring with the sounds of Odds and the Pursuit of Happiness. Rumour has it that Dan the Fourth will actually be there. It’s going to be a star studded meltdown. Studs will melt. Don’t miss it. We would advise getting tickets now to avoid disappointment.
4. Jan 17. Alberta bound. Release the hounds. Bring your hush puppies to the Palace Theatre in royal Calgary. We haven’t played there since Nov 1997. We rocked so hard that we had to take 8 years off right after that show. Now we have figured out the magic formula for eternal rock so no worries Calgary. We will shock royalty at the Palace (Dan the Fifth may be there) and then…
5. Jan 18. We’ll be arriving at Station Street in Jasper on the Grand Funk Railroad. That’s the rail line that runs from Calgary to Edmonton right? Like the holiday train this railroad brings joy to all the girls and boys but on a year round basis.
6. Jan 19. Jan 19 marks our long anticipated return to Jasper Royal Canadian Legion in Jasper, Alberta. This is Doug’s hometown. His stories of riding Grizzly bears and getting several elk high behind the school always have us excited about returning to Jasper. Anything can happen there. Did we mention this show is FREE?
7. Jan 25. Back in Vancouver we will help our friends at the Canuck Autism Network with their Pro-Am event at the Imperial. We will be making some noise while our friends in the Canuck Alumni get drafted to teams to raise money in a hockey tourney at Rogers Arena. Doug Elliott will be drafted to play in the games and lord help any team that goes up against him. He can’t yet control his powers. Keep your heads up kids.